Acquiring property in Cyprus, either as an investment or as a second home offers the combination of high quality of life, year-round sunshine and natural beauty, ease of doing business, investment incentives and the paving of the way (when eligible) to becoming a Greek - Cypriot citizen and at the same time a European citizen.
How can you participate in the Cyprus Investment program
- Direct Investments in Cyprus amounting to a minimum of €2 mn, held for at least 5 years, in any of the following:
- Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects (applications that include properties that have already been used for a previous citizenship application by another applicant (resale), increases the amount of investment to €2,5 mn)
- Purchase, creation or participation in Cyprus businesses and companies based and operating in Cyprus. Such companies are required to have a physical presence in Cyprus and to employ at least 5 Cypriot or EU citizens.
- Investment in Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) or Registered Alternative Investment Funds (RAIFs), which invest exclusively in Cyprus. AIFS or RAIFs are permitted to invest in stocks in the Cyprus Stock Exchange up to €200,000. This criterion also includes financial assets (bonds, bills, and securities) of Cypriot companies or organizations issued after approval by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- Combination of the aforementioned criteria amounting to €2mn.
Additional Financial Requirements
- A donation of at least €75,000 to the Research and Innovation Foundation for the promotion of an entrepreneurial innovation ecosystem (can be waived if the applicant invests the same in a certified innovative or social enterprise, or €400,000 out of the main investment is in the primary, secondary sectors, R&D or renewable energy sources)
- A donation of at least €75,000 to the Cyprus Land Development Corporation for the purpose of providing affordable housing schemes Other Conditions
Top Reasons to Invest in Cyprus & acquire Cypriot citizenship
1. Freely travel, reside and work within the EU
2. All family members can obtain Cypriot citizenship. This includes the spouse of the applicant, children under 18 years, and adult dependent children (over 18 years and up to 28 years). Neither the spouse nor the children are obliged to meet any financial criteria. The parents of the investor have the right to obtain citizenship as well
3. Transfer any amount of money from any EU Member State to another, purchase of property in any EU Member State of choice and invest in any activity
4. Establishment and free movement of services - individual citizens and companies can offer services without obstructions in all EU Member states
5. Valid for Life Citizenship is transferable to descendants
6. VISA free travel to 172 countries worldwide, including the EU countries, Canada and Australia, among others.
7. The investor must retain the investment made for 5 years after which he/she is free to realize it. The investment can be replaced during this period by obtaining prior approval
8. No minimum stay requirement before the application nor after obtaining the Citizenship
9. Applicant does not become a tax resident in Cyprus, unless he/she spends more than 183 days in any one calendar year
10. Approval for the citizenship application is granted within 6 months approximately
10. Dual citizenship is permitted
To learn more about the Benefits of Investing in Cyprus please click here
For more information about the Cyprus Investment Programme please click here